Drug Aware Margaret River Pro Wildcards and Last Minute PicksFor those of you looking to make last minute changes to your Fantasy Surfer teams, here are some updates:
- Tiago Pires is out with a recurring knee injury.
- Mitch Coleborn is taking Tiago’s spot.
- Nathan Hedge won the trials and will get the first wildcard spot.
- Yadin Nicol was runner-up at the trials and receives the second wildcard spot.
Former winners at the Margaret River Pro (non-World Tour event) surfing this year:
- John John Florence (2012)
- Josh Kerr (2010)
- Joel Parkinson (2002)
- Mick Fanning (2001)
- Taj Burrow (1997)
Forecast for this year: It ain’t going to be a classic year. Four-ish foot to start the event and two-to-three for the remainder unless a surprise low off the coast kicks into gear very soon. A contest for the jibbers. -more-
– Derek Rielly, Red Bull
In with Toledo? Out with CJ? Check out the chart at the bottom of the Surfers page to see the difference in past results in power vs performance waves. Check out Bourez!